WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Research, develop, present, plan and implement inventive public relations/communications campaigns and programs for existing clients and new business prospects.
- Manage relationships with media contacts and leverage them to deliver client stories.
- Manage media calls and requests, and screen calls from reporters for pre-interview discussion of story angles.
- Prepare clients for media opportunities through the development of briefing pages, talking points and pre-interview practice sessions.
- Monitor and track media coverage/mentions and provide clients with regular metrics/reporting.
- Conduct key interviews with clients to fine-tune additional pitch opportunities.
- Research, write and edit PR content including press releases, fact sheets, contributed articles and blog posts.
- Cultivate and draft content for social media, manage content posting and interactions with social media communities (including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram).
- Manage execution of program activities such as product launches, media tours, press conferences, tradeshows, promotional events and video production.
- Regularly communicate with clients to anticipate their needs, offer new ideas and proactively address challenges.
- Conduct outreach to and manage relationships with client partner organizations (such as elected officials, vendors, patient groups, clubs, schools, etc.)
- Curate, research, write and edit award and speaking applications.
- Utilize PR tools such as Cision, TV Eyes, HootSuite, AP Stylebook, etc.
- Maintain project timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
- Manage target hours for yourself and report variances.
- Engage in and contribute to client and PR team meetings, brainstorming sessions, office activities and staff meetings.
- Develop program case studies and assist with submitting agency work for awards and industry recognition.
- Recognize new business and organic growth opportunities, and support the research and drafting of RFP responses.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in PR, Journalism or a related field
- 3-5 years’ experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated self-starter who takes great pride and responsibility for his/her work and always meets or exceeds deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- High energy with the ability to take direction, work independently but also as team player
What is AMF’s Culture like?
“It’s a very fast-paced culture. We have an energetic and supportive environment that encourages and rewards participation at all levels.”
Why do clients choose AMF over the competition?
“They choose us for 3 reasons:
- We are a very agile firm. We are responsive and nimble, and have the ability to be flexible to provide the best solution for our client’s business.
- We are a one-stop shop. Our firm can provide all services that our clients need.
- Our talent. We have ‘big time’ talent, ‘big time’ thinkers all who are committed to transformative change for our clients.”What are a few of the most important intangibles this candidate needs to have, in order to be successful in this position?
“They need individual accountability. We are a supportive organization, but we’re not a hand-holding organization. We want an individual who has ambition and drive, is detail-oriented, and has very proficient organizational skills. Lastly, the ability to be pliable. Every day is a different day here at AMF.”
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re up for the challenge and this is something you would like to consider, please apply online using the Apply Now button at the top of the page.
Our interview process normally consists of: